Alberto José Sánchez
As a young artist, Alberto started experimenting with different techniques and materials. He was particularly interested in kinetic art; he explored this art form extensively. The main source of inspiration for this period was Maestro Carlos Cruz-Diez, whom Alberto would meet and visit at his Art Studio in Paris, France many years later.
In 2007 Alberto began to develop pieces with an optical abstract-geometric character; this is the moment in his artistic development when he found his real passion. His pieces are based on bi-dimensional geometric figures, which suggest and generate tri-dimensional formations as a result of the use of contrasting colors and shadows.
In 2017, Alberto received the Second Place Award from the Madi Dallas Museum at the Biennial of Geometric Art.
RECENT EXHIBITIONS, FAIRS, AUCTIONS AND PUBLIC WORKS
· 2014 During Miami Art Basel Week, Sanchez created and installed a public work, a 40mts (130 feet) mural, located in Wynwood.
· 2015 Solo exhibition, Virtual Shadows. Wynwood Miami.
· 2015 Group exhibition, Emergent. Wynwood Miami.
· 2015 Houston Fine Art Fair.
· 2015 The Autism Foundation Charity Auction. Caracas, Venezuela.
· 2015 Barcu-Bogota Art Fair, Colombia.
· 2015 FIAAM Maracaibo, Venezuela.
· 2015 The Foundation of the Hospital San Juan de Dios Charity Auction
· 2015 Group exhibition, CONFIA. Caracas, Venezuela.
· 2015 Solo exhibition, Illusionary Structures. Caracas, Venezuela.
· 2015 Pinta Art Miami Fair. Wynwood, Miami.
· 2015 Hospital Orthopedic Infantil Charity Auction. Caracas, Venezuela.
· 2016 Art Wynwood Fair. Wynwood, Miami.
· 2016 Public Mural in Altamira (60Mts), Caracas, Venezuela.
· 2016 Periodism Foundation Charity Auction. Caracas, Venezuela.
· 2016 Public Mural (15Mts) in Dominican Republic
· 2016 Solo exhibition, Dialectic. Wynwood Miami.
· 2016 Public Mural (80Mts) in Valencia, Venezuela
· 2016 Pinta Art Miami Fair. Wynwood, Miami.
· 2016 Context Art Fair. Miami.
· 2017 Art Wynwood Fair. Miami.
· 2017 Charity Auction. Carolina Herrera Foundation. Caracas, Venezuela.
· 2017 Grup Exhibition. 40 years of Geometry. Lima, Peru.
· 2017 Art Lima Fair. Peru.
· 2017 Biennial. Origins in Geometry. Madi Museum. Dallas, USA. 2nd place award
· 2017 Public Mural in Fat Village (80Mts), Fort Lauderdale, USA.
· 2017 Group Exhibition. Ranivilu Gallery. Wynwood, USA.
Alberto Jose Sanchez