Alberto José Sánchez
As a young artist, Alberto started experimenting with different techniques and materials. He was particularly interested in kinetic art; he explored this art form extensively. The main source of inspiration for this period was Maestro Carlos Cruz-Diez, whom Alberto would meet and visit at his Art Studio in Paris, France many years later.
In 2007 Alberto began to develop pieces with an optical abstract-geometric character; this is the moment in his artistic development when he found his real passion. His pieces are based on bi-dimensional geometric figures, which suggest and generate tri-dimensional formations as a result of the use of contrasting colors and shadows.
RECENT EXHIBITIONS, FAIRS, AUCTIONS AND PUBLIC WORKS·
· 2014 During Miami Art Basel Week, Sanchez created and installed a public work, a 40mts (130 feet) mural, located in Wynwood.
· 2015 Solo exhibition, Virtual Shadows. Wynwood Miami.
· 2015 Group exhibition, Emergent. Wynwood Miami.
· 2015 Houston Fine Art Fair.
· 2015 The Autism Foundation Charity Auction. Caracas, Venezuela.
· 2015 Barcu-Bogota Art Fair, Colombia.
· 2015 FIAAM Maracaibo, Venezuela.
· 2015 The Foundation of the Hospital San Juan de Dios Charity Auction
· 2015 Group exhibition, CONFIA. Caracas, Venezuela.
· 2015 Solo exhibition, Illusionary Structures. Caracas, Venezuela.
· 2015 Pinta Art Miami Fair. Wynwood, Miami.
· 2015 Hospital Orthopedic Infantil Charity Auction. Caracas, Venezuela.
· 2016 Art Wynwood Fair. Wynwood, Miami.
· 2016 Public Mural in Altamira (60Mts), Caracas, Venezuela.
· 2016 Periodism Foundation Charity Auction. Caracas, Venezuela.
· 2016 Public Mural (15Mts) in Dominican Republic
· 2016 Solo exhibition, Dialectic. Wynwood Miami.
· 2016 Public Mural (80Mts) in Valencia, Venezuela
· 2016 Pinta Art Miami Fair. Wynwood, Miami.
· 2016 Context Art Fair. Miami.
· 2017 Art Wynwood Fair. Miami.
· 2017 Charity Auction. Carolina Herrera Foundation. Caracas, Venezuela.
· 2017 Grup Exhibition. 40 years of Geometry. Lima, Peru.
· 2017 Art Lima Fair. Peru.
Alberto Jose Sanchez